Since the last one got super duper long I decided to fill in a bit more pieces of Trevor’s hospital stay. He got to ride on a wheel chair so far three times. He really seemed to enjoy it. He didn’t even mind to terribly when we went on the elevator, normally he has this huge fear of elevators.
When ever a nurse or someone enters the room, he greets them with, “Hi Dawn, How are you?” Most seemed to think that was pretty funny. Our night respiratory therapist, name unknown, was really good at trying to calm Trevor. She even went so far as to put the mask on Tigger. It didn’t work though, he was pretty ticked off by that point.
The pediatric rooms are TINY. You can’t have the bed tray next to the bed and the bathroom door open at the same time. But at least it’s a private room. I can’t imagine having to share a room. The view overlooks the parking lot. For Trevor I suppose that’s the best view there is. He spent a lot of time trying to stand on his bed so he could look out the window to see the cars.
Grandma H came to help take care of Jayden when Travis and I are both at the hospital. Bless her heart! I ~LOVE~ my mom! She didn’t blink an eye when I asked if there was anyway that she could come to stay with Jayden. She even canceled the overtime she had signed up for on Saturday night. It’s so hard with the two little ones that don’t yet understand what’s going on. I wish I could clone myself for the day so I could be with both of them. Jayden’s never gone to bed for the night without me so I worry about how she will do. I suppose this will be a good “trial run” for her for next week when I go to Phoenix for work. I’m Looking forward to dreading going to Phoenix next week. It will be the first time I’ve ever been away from the kiddos for even just one night, let alone three. But it will be nice to get to meet my fellow managers. Plus, the place we are staying at is a really nice resort and I get to go horseback riding on desert trails. And it’s completely paid for, including gratuity, by my company.
I got this crappo laptop ~solely~ for the purpose of being able to webcam chat with the family when I’m in Phoenix. I tell you, this thing is so slow I don’t even know if it will work. I plugged in my external hard drive to try and move stuff around and it didn’t even enough oomph to do that! Plus it’s supposed to have a wireless card and I’m not getting wireless when I should be.
Wow, again I’ve rambled on and on. It’s my blo-og and ramble if I want to, ramble if I want to… Anywho… I suppose I should try to get some sleep. My brain is starting to fuzz and tomorrow is likely to be yet another super long day. Either we’ll be here all day (hopefully not) or if we get discharged I really will need to go into work at least part of the day. It has the potential to be a really hectic day and I’ve already got one of my girls off. I don’t want to throw my new girl into the fire if I can help it, I don’t want to scare her off just yet.
Now off to see if I can make room for me in the tiny little bed that Trevor is hogging. Hopefully I can not watch the numbers too much and actually get some rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment